Welcome to Mercure Canberra
A part of Canberra’s history
Opening in 1927 as the Hotel Ainslie, the Mercure Canberra is steeped in history. Listed on the Register of the National Estate, the hotel plays a significant role in the development of the city itself as well as Canberra’s community identity.
Centrally located in Braddon and with ample onsite above ground parking, the Mercure Canberra is the perfect base to not only experience the history of the property but to be surrounded by the best of what Canberra has to offer.
While maintaining many original features, the hotel embraces the need for 21st century comforts to ensure you feel welcome and have an enjoyable stay. Our 129 guest rooms are well appointed and have been decorated in keeping with the heritage style of the building. Our Standard rooms are located in the Heritage wing, with the layout and style of room reflecting the hotels original days. For those looking for a more modern layout, you may wish to select one of our Superior or Deluxe Loft rooms in the newer part of the building.
Our guests have the option to dine at our onsite Courtyard Restaurant, serving a buffet style breakfast in the morning. Those looking for a more casual dining experience can enjoy Bistro style meals from our Olims Bar & Bistro, a favourite spot for hotel guests and locals to mingle, serving Craft Beers & Cider from our very own Sydney Brewery
Our location is ideal. 600m from the Australian War Memorial commemorating those who serve our country, both past and present. Most of Canberra’s National Attractions are within 10 minutes’ drive from the hotel and the CBD is and easy 10 minute walk away and offers a wide range of cafes, bars and restaurants, as well as shops and a Dendy Movie Cinema.
Our team at Mercure Canberra look forward to making you feel welcome when you plan your next stay in beautiful Canberra, Australia.
- Heritage listed hotel
- ALL-SAFE Covid-safe Accredited hotel
- Bureau Veritas audited Covid-safe hotel
- Onsite dining venue
- Internal courtyard gardens
- Open fireplace
- Outdoor terrace with seating
- 24 hour room service
- Secure Parking $15.00 per 24 hours
- Electric car charger
- Proud winner of the 2020 Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Award!
- Proud winner of the 2021 Canberra Region Tourism Awards
- Internet hub + wifi with complimentary half hour session for guests
- Internet hub + wifi with complimentary access for Accor Live Limitless members
- Guest Laundry (charges apply)
- Accor Live Limitless loyalty program
- 3 meeting rooms
- Meeting packages available
- Wedding packages, including ceremony, available